I know all of us have missed being together and are excited to reopen our Sunday meetings at Grace THIS SUNDAY, August 9 at 9:00 am and 10:45 am! The elders’ are praying for God’s presence to pour out on each person as they come together on Sunday! We are also praying that our faith causes us to stand confidently in our good Father who is watching over us!
I want to let everyone know what to expect when we gather this Sunday and the remainder of August. We have sought God and feel this is our best approach for the next few weeks. We are asking everyone except those with medical exceptions (see below) to wear a mask other than when seated in their family group within the auditorium. We will continue to express worship in a variety of ways with testimonies, scripture, and prayer. For the first few weeks, we will have limited singing to minimize any possibility of spreading the coronavirus.
Thank you for understanding this is just for a few weeks and for observing these guidelines so all can attend and be strengthened in the Lord. We will reevaluate for September and update everyone at that time. We want you to be comfortable with coming on Sunday so please read through the detailed list to understand what is happening and how we are phasing back in.
- First, let me emphasis, we don’t want any of you to feel pressure in any way to attend. We are simply offering the option to do so.
- If you are immune-compromised or have anyone in your home that is, please stay home and continue to watch the service online!
- If you are 70 and over, please consider the recommendation to stay home and continue to watch the service online!
- If you are in your 60’s, we encourage you to prayerfully consider staying home and watching the service online!
- There will be a small, separate room (with speaker & window looking into the sanctuary) available for a few who may need a little separation or who for medical reasons can’t wear a mask. You can enter the north side door and go right into the separate room. Parking is available close to the door.
- A separate room will be available for crying babies/nursing mothers.
- Everyone who plans to attend must register on our website, or by calling 817-428-8977 Monday – Saturday, between 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Please do this as soon as you can so we can plan accordingly.
- You will need to register everyone in your family who is coming and note if your children will be in the nursery or the K-1 class. You will need to pick them up after the meeting as they will not be released on their own.
- Other children and youth will be required to stay with their parents. Please refrain from allowing children to leave your side as many don’t yet understand social distancing.
- Everything will have been disinfected prior to the meeting and hard surfaces will be disinfected between meetings.
- A limited greeter team will welcome you wearing masks & gloves to open doors, so you do not need to touch the handles.
- Your names will be checked off the registration list as you arrive, so we maintain appropriate social distancing capacity.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been set up at the front door, in the children’s hall, and at sanctuary doors. Please use them freely.
- Please keep social distancing in mind as much as possible as you enter the building and move to the sanctuary, so the foyer does not become crowded.
- We are asking everyone except those with medical exemptions to please wear facemasks except while seated. We will have disposables masks available.
- Chairs have been set up with rows 6 feet apart and families/individuals will be required to have 2 chairs between the next group or person.
- We are asking you to be seated starting at the front of the room and from the middle of the rows to maximize space and maintain the 2-chair separation.
- When the meeting is over, please keep social distancing in mind. We are asking for you to exit the meeting from either side door in the sanctuary unless you need to pick up children.
- We recognize that many of us want to see one another and catch up which is great! If coming to the 9:00 am service, we will ask you to take your fellowship outside by 10:25 am so our teams can finish cleaning for the second service.
Again, if you are not comfortable coming to church at this time, our services will continue to be online.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask! I hope this is good news for all of us. While it’s certainly not where any of us want it to be, we’re excited and look forward to seeing you on Sunday!
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we take this next step. I’m humbled and filled with joy to serve alongside each of you.
Transforming Lives for Christ